Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ten images for Ithaca 2009 (www.tenimages.org)

Ten images for Ithaca 2009
8th poster competition of the island of Ithaca, Greece.

Theme: I
1st prize 1000 €, 2nd prize 600 €, 3rd prize 500 €
Deadline: 20 May 2009

Size: Height 40cm (15,75"), Width 12cm (4,73") 

“I”. A “portrait” of myself. What do I see if I stand in front of a mirror? How do I see myself? How do others see me? What image would best represent me? What image would best represent my personal, social or political identity, my inspirations, my habits or my travels? 

All of the above are just a few of the many ways one can approach this year’s competition theme “I”.

The ten best entries will be printed into banners with dimensions 200 x 60 cm and will be hung along Ithaca’s promenade for the entire summer of 2009. Their creators will have free accommodation in Ithaca on the weekend of the exhibition’s opening (July 2009).

Each individual or group may submit up to two posters. In order to enter the competition, each artist has to submit their poster through this website. Each piece must have dimensions of 40cm height x 12cm width (15,75’’ height x 4.73’’ width) and must be uploaded as an electronic JPEG file, resolution 360 dpi, maximum file size 10 MB. 

Entries can be uploaded until the 20th of May 2009. 

Fimios has the right to change, postpone or cancel the competition without prior notification. Works will be kept at Fimios posters archive. The winners will be notified via e-mail. Participation in the competition requires acceptance of these terms.

For more information:
ithaca (at) thedesignshop.gr
+30 210 3223410 (Mrs Olympia Aivazi)


Fimios-Cultural Events of the Municipality of Ithaca.

Endorsed by 
Greek Graphic Designers’ Association 
Design Museum of Thessaloniki

Sponsors
MORETHAN by Evelyn Skouteli
Hotel Mentor
Davias Printers

Media Sponsors
+design
Don’t Panic
hegrade.gr
vcdc.gr

No comments:

Post a Comment